An easy informal day for the real beginner, or anyone who needs to brush up on old skills.
Starting right at the very beginning you will learn the fundamentals of dressmaking, I will help you gain knowledge and confidence to go home and tackle a new project.
We’ll look at:
- which style/designs suit your particular figure type
- characteristics of a variety of fabrics
- basics of choosing the correct fabrics/interfacing for your pattern choice
- understanding all details included in a commercial pattern
- transferring pattern markings and what they all mean
- understanding grain lines
- understanding the basics of well fitted garments
- simple pattern alterations/adjustments
- gain knowledge on the basic essentials of using a sewing machine and what it can do for you
- introduce basic sewing skills – seams, zips, facings and hems and buttonholes
Working samples will be taken away to use as a future reference.
You may bring your own sewing machine, and don’t forget the manual!
Duration: 1 day
Cost: £80 per day